Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Its kinda surreal to post about everyday things in the wake of such devastation.

But Life goes On. As I have learnt over the years.

We can't control a lot of things, only ourselves. So we help where we can, and must carry on.

Just look at the fabulous pressie I received this week. This is from faeriequeen, who by the way is keeping me so busy. She is learning to quilt and stitch BY EMAIL, she lives on the other side of the world to me. My mail box is full each morning, asking questions about different things, she has taken to this Patchwork and Stitchery like a duck to water.

So I present SEBASTIAN,

when she told me she was sending him, I thought of something small. But he is big and bold and brave. I really have to make him into something special.


thanks faeriequeen...I love him.


There really isn't enough sewing happening in this household. I must get the needle moving.

The Scot has had an all clear from The Wee Doc. although he was not a happy chappie on Monday, and to add insult to injury, so to speak, he had to wait about one and a half hours in the waiting room. And let me assure you Waiting is about the bottom of The Scot's list of virtues.

6 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Now that IS ATTITUDE!

The othere news just goes on doesn't it . Too ghastly. Stay safe !

Fiesta said...

Fairiequeen is rocking! That is one nice cat.
Maybe the Scott needs some hand work to keep him busy while he waits.
(don't tell him I said that) LOL

The Faerie Queen said...

Oh sheila, I so pleased you like Sebastian. And thank you for all your help with my stitchery, and for your patience when I dont understand things. love you xxx

Molly said...

Sebastian is quite the debonaire cat-about-town!
Your Scot and my FIL have something in common [not necessarily a good thing!] My FIL will wait for no-one. It's because he thinks he's the [MIPW] Most Important Person in the World!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I agree with Ali Honey...attitude...very nice Sheila

Purpleflowerpatch said...

Love Sebastian! Jane is really lucky to have an aunt who can teach patchwork via email...I would be absolutely hopeless! Can't write instructions to save myself - amazed anyone understood wonky houses. LOL!