Friday, January 23, 2009

ONE DOWN

.......

but how many more to go.


This year is going to be the year of the organised aubirdwoman, now don't just all roll your eyes, I have enough of that with The Scot.




The first commitment all cleared from last year, was the Pink Month of the Woven Star Swap, run by Kate for Quilting DownUnder. One of the bestest Swap Moms.

Now paper piecing, something which I have always had trouble with, read here - using a lot of bad words, and probably wasting more fabric than I stitched. So why in the world did I join the swap.


Goodness knows. But I am pleased to announced this set of Stars went together just like Peaches and Cream, so at long last I can now say I paper piece no worries. :)

The Scot is diligently transferring our photos to digital form. He has done all the slides we had. Oh my there are some memories there lol. The kids have received some. I hope they find them as interesting as we do. One regret is that I can't seem to find any photos of my childhood. Beginning to think maybe I was that kid that no body liked lol.


I have made a few Scrapbook Pages, but you must excuse the photos as sometimes its very difficult to Optimize them.


The Scot is currently doing the negatives, and you should hear him complain. "Quilts, quilts bloomin quilts that's all you seem to take photos of".


Just to let you plan ahead ........ this Sunday 7.30p.m Dr Who....The Christmas Special.


The Scot would like to thank all his Ladies (my what a big head he is getting) for their good wishes.

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Best wishes to the Scot and for your new year's resolutions.

Helena said...

Your stars look wonderful, I love the colours!
Good luck with the paper piecing and happy stitching! Looking forward to see more.....

ozjane said...

Such diligence and patience oh man of the kilt!
I bought the Olek, after not using the kit that came with my Epson RX510 a few years back and started doing the three at a time bit.....then found I had a million ( well a lot) books of slides.
Now I suspect I have to go hunting through the cleanup to find the box of slides where I believe I have left the gadget that puts the slides through.
Now in the spirit of keeping a man occupied and not bored...I am prepared to bring over a couple of my books of slides to allow the man to keep working after yours are all done.
A fair offer me thinks.........lol.

The Faerie Queen said...

Very nice stars. And enjoy Dr. Who. Its great..... lol.

barn owl said...

I agree with Faerie Queen.c

Molly said...

What a co-incidence! This is also the year I'm going to be transformed into An Organised Person! Give the Scot a hug from "one of his ladies!"

miniaturequilter said...

The stars look great! Hope you and the Scot have a nice peaceful week!

RebeccaMom said...

the blocks look beautiful!

Ali Honey said...

Things are looking good at your place. I had been forgetting to look at your other site - your photos are amazing. Truely well done!

Stars are looking good to me.

Julie said...

The stars look fabulous! Give The Scot a big hug from me....who he doesn't even know!!!!!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

your paper piecing looks wonderful. I loved the photos of the Scot lounging in the garden with all the Agapanthas surrounding him. Lovely.

Kate quilts... said...

The stars look great!

Like you I am trying my darndest to be more organised this year, and to complete a ufo for each new project started. We'll see. LOL

BTW, what digital scrapbooking do you use?