Monday, March 03, 2008

SPRING SWAP

Planning ahead. The Four Seasons Spring Swap has commenced and I have been given my partner's details. She doesn't give many clues so I will make it as Springlike as I can. And as it has to be mailed overseas, I am starting early so as not to have that last minute rush to the Post Office.

This is what I would like to do. Folded Fabric Flowers from the book by Rebecca Watt. A lovely book which has been in my possession for some time. I am quite expert in Origami of the Dove, I was shown how to do this when I was 8. But unfortunately that's where my skills stopped. It was quite funny, I spent most of Saturday trying to figure out how to fold. Like I have said before there seems to be a certain hole in my brain. I could get so far and then nothing, I just couldn't fathom out the next step. So trying not to look too meek I asked The Scot. Of course he has to have a fresh piece of fabric, I have to keep very quiet, and he works through it step by step. Oh to have his logical brain. Together with mine I would be brilliant.



Here are three flower blocks I have made. They are getting easier, although I can't see myself making a large quilt out of them. But I think they will be perfect for a Spring WallQuilt.

Now have you any suggestions on the background. I have some pink and pale green ones. Or should I start again and use dyed fabrics for the flowers. Decisions Decisions.

7 comments:

Lindi said...

They are so pretty!

Natalie said...

I love the soft green in the centre reminds me of the first grass to come through on the paddocksin early spring.
Very clever of you to do that folding I know I would need help as well.Natalie

gwensmom said...

The flowers look great! Tell the Scot he did a good job.

Molly said...

Birdy! I made these to put on a round robin quilt we did a few years ago! They were so much fun to do and so pretty. Yours are gorgeous.....

Elaine Adair said...

Oh - these are just lovely!

Jane aka Glenice said...

They would look stunning in black, coming out of the night of winter, if ye were in ye olde worlde country......maybe you could mutate to a deep forrest green.
In my most umble opinion of course.

meggie said...

They are lovely. I cannot imagine how they are done!