Wednesday, February 13, 2008

WIRES IN THE HEAD

I think I have mention before that I have this feeling that my brain is wired differently to most, well it definitely is different to The Scot's logical, mathematical, always right brain. (right as in correct).





Now where is this leading. Today I spent the whole day making this

No not a whole quilt, just one SIX inch block. It is paper pieced. Which is where the trouble lies. I just can't get my head around, where to place the next piece of fabric to stitch and flip so that it is in the correct place.

I have joined a Swap Group, and that means at least 5 per month. Better start on the 1st of each month. A different colour scheme each month. So should be a nice quilt at the end of the year, and I should perfect my paper piecing methods.

and now a question.

Can someone please tell me, the nice procedure to follow on comments in ones blog. The comments appear on my blog but I also get them sent to my gmail account. But in 99% of the cases it comes from a noreply address. So do I go to that persons blog and leave a comment, leave a comment under theirs on my own. or..........

can someone help.

7 comments:

Lindi said...

Mostly, I go to their blog and leave a comment. If they have asked a question, I reply in the comments on my blog, assuming they will check it out themselves if they really want the answer. Sometimes, I will answer on both their blog and mine.
If it warrants it, and I either have their email already, or their email is available in their personal profile, I will email directly.

Lindi said...

That's a really nice block, Sheila. I've never done paper piecing. I probably should give it a go.

Elaine Adair said...

Compared to men, we women ARE wired differently - we just have to get over it and accept the differences, ridiculous as they are!! LOL

Paper piecing? Confusing at first, but it gets much better and addictive with practice. Are you over thinking it? You're sewing order MUST be numbered. Then, you can number your fabrics for additional organization. Using a clean edge (credit card, -- I use an old small sawblade, and folding the last seam back over that hard surface (from the back), then laying the Add-a-Quarter ruler with the clever lip, is very helpful, and then trimming off excess. Yes, I've done it a few times WRONG when not thinking. Maybe you are thinking too hard. Wish you were sitting here and we could do it together. Hey, find someone else who can do it. It's simple once you get the hang of it.

Molly said...

What's wrong with how you've been doing it all along? Works for me....
That's a lovely block; don't think I've ever seen it before.

riseoutofme said...

Of course its wired differently! Presuming that the Great Electrician is a man and that most men are colour blind to some degree ... then it figures that he wired the red where the green should be and the green where the brown should be and then had nowhere to put the brown one ...

Or maybe hes experimenting ....

meggie said...

Hmm some interesting wiring thoughts there!
I have done the paper piecing. I love that block you have done.

I have been trying to answer commenters in my comments. I don't always get the time! I do like to answer questions, if possible.

Jane said...

I usually go to the person's blog.