Thursday, January 10, 2008

IT"S HOT

yes grumbling again, its 39 degrees, almost 40. I did make a gigantic effort and vacuumed and mopped the floors this morning,had been for my walk ~EVERY day this year~ see the smug look on my face.

Hence I felt I could just bum out this afternoon in front of the air conditioner.


Just finished reading this book.
I first heard of it on The Molly's blog. It took ages for it to come into the library. I actually read the first half twice. I took it with me to the waiting rooms when The Scot was having all his tests in December. The last time I sat there wondering ... how in the world did we get to work in a crystal shop, yes I had been seeing but not actually reading. So I started it again, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely be looking for more of his books.

A lovely way to spend a hot afternoon.








3 comments:

Lindi said...

I like Paul Coelho. Must get hold of this one.
You were the first to respond to my PAF. So pleased!

Ali Honey said...

Oh boy it was hot here too yesterday. 32 in the shade but the air con under the vines didn't seem to be working too well. We knocked off half an hour early, feeling dead beat. It didn't cool down till after 8 then I was able to water things. Much better here today - a breeze and a drop in temp.

Haven't had that author - will look. Thanks.

Molly said...

Glad you enjoyed the book Birdy! He is reportedly wildly popular outside of the English speaking world [he's Brazilian, I think]. Try to stay cool....your weather sounds like ours in August!