Sunday, September 02, 2007

MENTALLY CHALLANGED

or just plain dumb ......

Seriously I think I am the second.
I purchased this neat little bag pattern when we went for our picnic visit to the Patchwork shop. Thinking it would be just the thing to make for my friend Wendy's birthday. There was one made up in the shop and it looked terrific.

I have had nothing but problems, and I don't think it is the pattern designers fault. Its just that she and I are not on the same planet. I even rang the shop to clear up one point (thank goodness I was polite, because she was so helpful and spend quite some time trying to explain even going away to make a paper piece to try. Got that sorted, and now do you think I can figure out how she attached the lining.............so I will go back to my own way of lining, probably not so neat but at least I can go to bed and stop thinking about it.

Will post a (better) finished photo tomorrow afternoon. ......promise.

This is it so far, btw it almost got thrown in the corner. But I have to get it done this weekend, I mean her birthday was two weeks ago :(

There is one glaring mistake, and I had to place it on the front, but I know Wendy will accept it for the fact that I made it, and not criticise the perfection.

It is a nice bag and the fabrics are great.

7 comments:

Molly said...

You can call that mistake your Amish touch!

gwen said...

The triangle which is bigger than the others is on purpose there. It is supposed to represent: a wave, or your friend among others, or the biggest mountain in ..., or...
In France if someone points out a mistake, we say it is on purpose there to make them talk. Because "there is one thing worse than being talked about: not being talked about"! Take care.

Angie said...

Oh Sheila, it's a wonderful bag! I have bagaphobia. I can't read patterns to save my life. :/ So I think it's a wonderful bag!! :D

meggie said...

Looks fine to me. Love the colours.

Christina said...

Sheila

I too am a bagaholic and I think it is lovely. Made with love and you friend will appreciate it. I too made a bage today photos on my blog. So easy I made the pattern up.

Christina

Ali Honey said...

Well done, however you got it finished. ( pattern instructions sometimes make more sense after you have made the article. )Lovely colours.

riseoutofme said...

I can't see any mistakes .... does that mean I'm stupid or textile challenged or maybe both?

Lovely bag, Birdy.