Thursday, September 20, 2007

THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

The bad and the ugly is The Scot. Oh he is such a trial to me, and things were definitely very FROSTY in the household on Sunday night. In fact I made the dinner and threw gave him his and then went into the Computer room to eat mine, and I wouldn't speak to him for the rest of the evening. I don't think I have felt this MAD at him for a loooooong time. Actually I was so mad at him it took a couple of days for me to come around.

In fact we didn't go for the picnic yesterday, but went to the Library instead. The whole problem being

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said,

but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”..Robert McClosky -kindly pinched from my good friend frou-


As you know my maths is really non existent, I live by the rule of guesstimation and it usually works for me. But as I wanted to make a template for my Oriental Quilt. I had the small size, the medium size, but wanted to work out a larger one, because I want to make a bedquilt. Swallowing my pride I asked The Scot if he could work it out and draw a template for me. I really was stuck at this stage. Well this almost developed into WW3. He thinks he understands quilting but doesn't realise there are variances to rooles, and most importantly HE thinks he knows everything. But to finish the tale, I have just sat and guesstimated and trial and error on paper, and have actually found the size. Made a very quick mock up in fabic and it seems fine. I have left it on the ironing board , hoping The Scot will see it, but knowing him he won't. ah well
c'est la vie




Now for the Good, like keeping the icing until the last.........this is what I received in the mail today.

A beautiful card, and this fabulous fabric. Thank you thank you thank you Lindi of http://lindijanej.blogspot.com/

I was the lucky winner, on her blog. Thank you Lindi and your neighbour for picking me.

5 comments:

catsmum said...

That fabric is just perfect for your current japanese mood. Isn't she a clever girl. As to the maths - next time email me [ or even ring ] and I'll give you a hand. Can't have you freezing to death from the frosty relations now can we?
and remember that there are a LOT of quilters who can't do the maths. Doesn't mean they're not bloody fabulous at other things.

Ali Honey said...

Oh dear, sound a bit typical to me.
To make you feel better and have a laugh go and google "Pam Ayers - They Should have Asked My Husband."
Congratulations on your win.

meggie said...

Congratulations on your lovely win!!
And those frost over the marriage..know them. I laughed at your eating dinner in the computer room- I did the same on Tues!
And my maths....I must have been behind the door when they handed it out!

riseoutofme said...

Congratulations on winning! Always nice to win .... oops I should be saying "Always nice to take part" shouldn't I?

Have had a wealth of experience with the contents of the quote.

It must be a male thing.

Jane said...

Now you silly girl......you know men are always rite.
Rite!